Here are some selected answers to the prompt: What is working well in class? What would you like to see more of?
- Working together is extremely helpful, more examples in notes would be helpful
- Working on whiteboards in small groups
- Practice questions
- I found the take home tests to be helpful in learning a topic and more might be helpful, maybe even during preparation for the IB test.
- Whiteboards and Take Home’s.
- notes and trying it with teacher assistance
- Practicing questions works very well but we don’t spend very much time going over the actual work. Sometimes it might be more effective to go over the work even when nobody asks because sometimes people are afraid to speak up despite not understanding how a solution was reached.
- Whiteboards and group work are both engaging and educational. If possible, integrating more technology could be worth trying.
- More worked examples in notes
- The take-homes are great for review purposes. Maybe more group work outside of school?
- Using whiteboards and working in groups
- Keep whiteboarding.
- Build in more take home exams (this was requested in other spots of the feedback as well). We went from 20 take homes to 7 with the shift to the IB curriculum (less class time than we had in BC too).
- Make sure that struggling students are more “squeaky” so that they can get grease. Any suggestions for how to encourage this further?